DESMIRAIL, 3 rd Grand Cru Classé in the 1855 classification, is located in the heart of Cantenac, in a privileged situation bordering on the famous "Route des Châteaux". A glimpse can be caught of the wonderful buildings behind a majestic entrance in pink marble. The elegant 18th century chartreuse stands opposite a traditional Medoc vat house dating from the 19th century and which has an exceptional structure, resembling that of an upturned boat hull. Denis Lurton, a distant successor of Jean Desmirail, after whom the property was named at the end of the 17th century, now runs the estate, having taken over from his father, Lucien. The estate of 30 hectares has wonderful deep gravel soil from the quaternary era and produces very elegant wines, true to the tradition of the Margaux appellation.