Château Malescot St-Exupéry owes its name to two former owners: Simon Malescot, a royal councilor to the Bordeaux parliament, who acquired the estate in 1697, and Count Jean- Baptiste de Saint-Exupéry, who owned it from 1827 to 1853. Paul Zuger and his son, Roger, purchased the château, located in the middle of the town of Margaux, in June 1955. After more than thirty years of unstinting efforts, Malescot St-Exupéry's coat of arms has never been truer: Semper Ad Altum ("Ever Higher"). The 45-hectare estate has 23.5 hectares of vines on a fine terroir that "overlooks the river", indicative of the best vineyard sites according to an old local saying. Connoisseurs very much appreciate the outstanding bouquet of this great growth, whose fruitiness and body go together beautifully with meat dishes and cheeses.