The history of the M.Lapierre estate commenced in 1909, when Michel Lapierre, a farmer from the Beaujolais region, settled in Villié-Morgon with his wife.
In 1941, their son Camille and his wife Lucienne Mathieu started making wine for the Fleurie cooperative. A visionary, Camille was eager to develop the marketing of his wine in barrels to bistros in the Lyon and Mâcon areas. From 1958-1959, Camille Lapierre sold his wines under his own name, but he also decided to increase the size of the estate by acquiring his own vines. In 1960, the estate had a surface area of 7 hectares.
Their son, Marcel Lapierre, took over the running of the estate in 1973. In 1981, following the advice of Jules Chauvet, a researcher at famous Californian Universities, Marcel Lapierre decided to cultivate his vines using biodynamic practices and to vinify without any SO2 or yeast.
Driving forward their father's efforts and work, Mathieu and his sister Camille have been looking after an 18-hectare estate in the Morgon appellation since 2004 and 2013 respectively.
Driven by a pioneering philosophy that revolved around four main pillars (people, soil, climate and grape variety), Domaine M. Lapierre has been making Beaujolais wines with a deep respect for the environment for over 30 years. These wines exude the nuances and aromatic richness of the Gamay varietal.