Located in the heart of the Saint-Emilion appellation, Chateau Saint-Georges-Cote-Pavie was founded in 1420 and became a fief of the Abbey of La Sauve-Majeure, itself founded by Aliénor d'Aquitaine some 300 years ago. For 5 generations, this Grand Cru Classe of Saint-Emilion has belonged to the Masson family, who remain dedicated to this great terroir on the right bank of Bordeaux.
The 5.5-hectare vineyard is situated on the hillside of Pavie. The 30 year old vines are planted in clay-limestone soils.
Manual harvest. Selection on sorting table. Thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks. Maceration for 3 to 4 weeks. Hydraulic vertical pressing.
12 to 14 months in barrels.