De Forville produces wines from its vineyards located in the hills surrounding Barbaresco and the Langhe. The De Forville family settled in the village of Barbaresco in 1860 after emigrating from Belgium to northern Italy. The estate first bottled wine under their own name in 1940. Grapes are hand-harvested and fermented in stainless steel before aging in large wood for the reds and a short aging in stainless for the whites. The estate's grapes are supplemented with some which are purchased from neighboring families, many of whom the De Forville family has purchased from for multiple generations.