The Schramsberg estate is built upon the land settled in 1862 by Jacob Schram, a German immigrant, on the densely forested slopes of Diamond Mountain a few miles south of Calistoga in the Napa Valley. The estate is home to the oldest hillside vineyards in Napa. A registered historic landmark, the estate has been painstakingly restored by the Davies family, owners of Schramsberg, who purchased the property in 1965. The Victorian house, the original winery, the barn and the caves dug into the hillside remain largely unchanged since Jacob Schram's days. Dedicated to the production of sparkling wine made according to the traditional "champenoise" method, Schramsberg's wines have been served at official State functions by every Presidential administration since Nixon, who brought served their Blanc de Blancs for the 1972 "Toast to Peace" with the Chinese Premier.
- Parker/WA : 90
Ready for delivery